LOR problem

As of today my entire application is finished besides the fact that my third lor is not completed yet. I know caspa can be sent in with one letter still pending. Is it recommended to do so or should I wait until my final letter is completed? I'm worried that schools will disregard my app if they see a letter missing

• 2 weeks later...

As of today my entire application is finished besides the fact that my third lor is not completed yet. I know caspa can be sent in with one letter still pending. Is it recommended to do so or should I wait until my final letter is completed? I'm worried that schools will disregard my app if they see a letter missing

I emailed CASPA about the same thing. They told me that you can e-submit the application to be verified with 2/3 LOR. However, your application will not be made visible to the schools until they receive the third LOR.

"Thank you for contacting CASPA. You may submit your application before all

letters of reference are completed. As soon as the last reference submits, it

will be automatically available to your designated programs."

I think CASPA's response isn't stating that. What they are saying is the third letter isn't visible until it is submitted. Your entire application is visible to your schools from the moment you submit and pay, even if your transcripts, letters, or other documents are still missing.

From the instructions :https://portal.caspaonline.org/caspaHelpPages/frequently-asked-questions/e-submission-payment/application-mailing/index.html

HOW PROGRAMS RECEIVE YOUR APPLICATION

From the date your application is e-submitted and paid for, your PA programs can view your entire application in real time via their online admissions portal, even if your application is not yet complete or verified.  As a result, you may receive notifications from your programs regarding your application at any point during the application process.

At what point in the process your programs choose to review your materials and how they determine your application is ready for review is completely at their discretion. For more information on how your program conducts their application process, you would need to speak with the school directly.

I think CASPA's response isn't stating that. What they are saying is the third letter isn't visible until it is submitted. Your entire application is visible to your schools from the moment you submit and pay, even if your transcripts, letters, or other documents are still missing.

From the instructions :https://portal.caspaonline.org/caspaHelpPages/frequently-asked-questions/e-submission-payment/application-mailing/index.html

HOW PROGRAMS RECEIVE YOUR APPLICATION

From the date your application is e-submitted and paid for, your PA programs can view your entire application in real time via their online admissions portal, even if your application is not yet complete or verified.  As a result, you may receive notifications from your programs regarding your application at any point during the application process.

At what point in the process your programs choose to review your materials and how they determine your application is ready for review is completely at their discretion. For more information on how your program conducts their application process, you would need to speak with the school directly.

Ah, I think you're right. Well, my application was verified on the 9th...hopefully some of the schools didn't disregard my application since I was missing 1 LOR. My letter was finally submitted yesterday. Thank you for that clarification.

No problem! Since CASPA doesn't require the third letter to be processed, I think most schools understand that the third one might be missing.  I'm sure there are schools out there that are very strict about it, but others are OK as long as you get that last letter in before a certain date. You can always check with them just to be sure. :)

Archived