A&P at CC?

I'm going to be applying at NEU in late May once I've completed my gen bio and gen chem courses spring semester that I'm currently taking at a 4 year school. However, I'm concerned about what to do this summer for A&P. For a city that has so many colleges and universities there actually are not that many options for someone looking to complete AP I and II over the summer in Boston. I've researched and found 4 institutions that offer A&P separately or I and II over separate summer sessions allowing a student to take the full gamut of A&P in one summer.-- 2 of which still really dont work. NEU offers it---for 9 grand-- not an option right now. BU has it for 5 grand--eeeck. UMASS boston only offers it to nursing major students or you can request entry 2 weeks prior--not risking that. Quincy College is a 2 year institution and has it for about 1600 total. On the NEU website it states it must be taken at a 4 year. Given my options though, I'm just not sure that is possible. Has anyone taken 1 or 2 of their courses at a CC and still been accepted? Or is anyone aware of a 4 year with reasonable tuition rates and offering this class that i'm missing?

Make sure the PA schools that you are applying to accept courses from a cc first. Yale for instance does not accept any online courses, however there is no expiration date on Prereqs. Each school has it's own requirements and if it isn't listed on their website call the school first. Yes, I did all my Prereqs at a cc and all were accepted, but that was a long time ago.

I had to wait a year to apply and take A&P I, II with lab at Regis College. Call admissions but NEU is strict about their prerequisites and I have a hunch that they won't accept Quincy's credits. 5,000 at BU for both I&II is a pretty good deal, especially if you're getting the full 8 credits.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived