HCE's during Undergrad?

Hello,

I am wondering what HCE's did you guys complete before PA school! 

I love learning more about the healthcare profession and am trying to learn about some other opportunities and your experiences within them. 

During undergrad, what HCE's would be best as far as flexibility (being a full time student makes scheduling a challenge).

Thanks for your input!

Have a nice day.

I'm a senior undergrad and I am taking an EMT class right now. Upon completion I am hoping to land an ER Tech position before applying to PA school. 

Try looking into EMT (ER Tech, OR Tech, Patient Care Tech, EMT, or any other tech position that may require an EMT certificate). CNA is valuable experience too but some schools rather EMT over CNA which I do not understand. 

• 2 weeks later...

I worked as a PCA on a cardiac unit. I would recommend taking an STNA class...theyre quick, cheap, and easy. Also, there are a lot of jobs. I started out as part time (24 hrs a week) when I was in my second year of undergrad, but it became too much...so I went to a PRN position. PRN is great for a student, but it is hard to accumulate a vast amount of hours if you dont have a set schedule.

I've worked as a CNA. In my state (NC), we can become a CNA without taking an official class. "Challenging" the test allowed me to become a CNA in about a month and immediately begin working, opposed to taking a class over the summer and waiting to sit for the test. 

Archived