SOme Good News for once!!!

I received this email today. 

Joel,

We are happy to report that on Thursday, April 28, CAPA’s Sponsored Bill, 
SB 1083 (Pavley) Physician assistants: disability certifications passed out of the California Senate with 36 Aye and 0 Noe votes. This is great news for California PAs!  This bill would amend the Physician Assistant Practice Act to authorize a physician assistant to certify disability, after performance of a physical examination by the physician assistant under the supervision of a physician and surgeon consistent with the act. The bill would correspondingly expand the definition of practitioner to include a physician assistant. SB 1083 now moves to the California State Assembly. Watch for updates on this important piece of legislation. To learn more about the progress of SB 1083, click here.  

More great news! On Friday, May 2, the Medical Board of California met in Los Angeles and two PAs joined me at the meeting. Kimberly Kreifeldt, PA-C and Greg Mennie, MS, PA-C provided comments to the members of the Medical Board.  We are happy to report that the board approved the 
changes to the regulations as proposed.  

Joel, thank you for your CAPA membership. It allows us to work every day on your behalf. 

That is some awesome news WE ALL need to hear!!! BTW I have tried several times to PM you. I would like to see if I could tweak your brain about the population you work with; people with HIV. I can not email you privately as it says your box is full. LOL 

That is some awesome news WE ALL need to hear!!! BTW I have tried several times to PM you. I would like to see if I could tweak your brain about the population you work with; people with HIV. I can not email you privately as it says your box is full. LOL 

Sorry about that. I just cleared all my messages. Try it again.

Archived