LOR from foreign language class?

So far I have one strong candidate for LOR from a professor who is the head of science/math department. I'm having trouble picking which one I should choose for my second LOR though. I rather get a LOR from someone who knows me on a more personal level rather than someone who will just copy/paste a LOR template. I took 1 year of italian at a university with a professor who has her masters degree (in something that isn't related to science at all). It's a much smaller classroom so we get to know each other on a more personal level, plus the teacher complimented my knowledge on several occasions.

Would it look bad to get a LOR from someone who isn't in the field of science? I could always go back to a bio lab instructor (who only has BS degree) i had years ago, but i'm afraid she won't remember me well enough to write a personal LOR. Another option is to get one from a part-time chemistry professor (who has his PhD), but it's a similar scenario as the lab instructor. Also, i only had lecture and didn't interact with this professor much outside of class.

I feel like i could probably get LOR from the lab instructor or chemistry professor, but would it be more or less beneficial to get the more personal LOR from the italian teacher? Do you have any other advice for LORs?

Thanks.

PS: Do LOR have to come from people with masters or PhDs? Or can they come from anyone? I'd rather get the LOR from the lab instructor instead of the chemistry professor, but the lab instructor only has her BS degree.

They can come from anyone but I wouldn't use two letters from a professor because it would be a little redundant. Do you have a PA that you shadowed or a supervisor from your healthcare experience instead?

But in terms of which professor to pick, I would go with the one that knows you best regardless of the subject matter....UNLESS you have a low science GPA then I would pick a science professor to speak to the type of student you are now.

Thanks for your comment. I was going to do 2 professors and 1 PA. I do work in the hospital, but I never see my supervisor because I'm in the float pool. Should I get a LOR from one of the other nursing supervisors that I float to? Or even nurses? Would that be better than 2 professors and 1 PA?

Thanks for your comment. I was going to do 2 professors and 1 PA. I do work in the hospital, but I never see my supervisor because I'm in the float pool. Should I get a LOR from one of the other nursing supervisors that I float to? Or even nurses? Would that be better than 2 professors and 1 PA?

I'd think so yes.

Archived