Hello, question in regards to coursework and term placement

Hello there, 

Putting my CASPA application together and started the "course work" section.

and i hit a snag.

So here's my quick story. Took courses 13 years ago at a CC, got my EMT and worked for a few years.

Few years later i went back got my paramedic schooling and that included an A.S

forward two years went back to school became a respiratory therapist. Got an A.S from that. 

2 years after that i got bored and then got my B.S 

withing the last two years i had to retake most of my sciences, since i took them 10+ years ago. 

now my question is...  what do the paramedic and RT schooling fall under? academic status wise. freshman or sophomore? and the extra sciences course i took?  i know. My B.S would go under the junior/senior

also...  i dread putting 200+ hours of college coursework onto the CASPA system..  sigh, dont get me started on the whole work experience. I been working in the health field area for 12 years plus

For me my EMT fell under Junior (even though it was taken at a CC), because I hadn't finished my bachelors yet, and I was about equivalent to that in credit hours.   Paramedic falls under postbac as I had already completed my bachelors degree.  

From the descriptions I read on CASPA, I believe that your paramedic and RT school will go under the settings fresh/ soph/ jr/ sr, depending on how many total credit hours you had completed at the time.   I don't think that they put a ton of emphasis on which year you put down, just that they all fall into the under grad category.    Extra sciences go under post-bac

ok answered my own question. This CASPA application can be very tedious.    Academic Status

This refers to your status when you took the courses, NOT your status NOW. So, for example, all of your freshman courses are listed as “freshman,” sophomore courses “sophomore,” and so on. Please see the status definitions below:

FRESHMAN-SENIOR: All college level courses taken prior to your first bachelor’s degree. CASPA does not monitor credit levels in regards to freshman-senior designations. In general, four year students list one year per designation and five-year students list their last two years as senior. Non-traditional students label their terms as evenly as possible, but should remain in chronological order (i.e. do not report yourself as a junior in 1999 and as a freshman in 2000).

POST-BACCALAUREATE:  Undergraduate level courses taken after your first bachelor’s degree is earned. If you earned a second bachelor’s degree, your entire second degree would be considered “post-baccalaureate.”

GRADUATE: Master’s degree-level work only. You do not need to have earned the degree in order for your work to be Master’s degree level.

DOCTORATE: doctoral degree-level work such as that taken in pursuit of a Ph.D, MD, PharmD, JD, JurisD, LL.D, DC, etc. You do not need to have earned the degree in order for your work to be Doctorate degree level. Doctorate level work is included in a “Doctorate” GPA but does not factor into the rest of your GPA calculations.

PROFESSIONAL: military coursework NOT taken at a regionally accredited institution (regionally accredited military schools include Community College of the Air Force or West Point) AND, all coursework NOT taken at a college or university (such as at a hospital or medical center). Professional coursework is not calculated into your GPA but is visible by the programs and used as part of their evaluation of your application.

Archived