Help, please. =)I need someone to ease my mind till Monday when I can call the admission office.

Hey,

In December, I was put on the waitlist to my dream school. I spoke with admission office and asked if I needed to fill out the graduate school application and I was told no, "no need to spend your money on the fee unless you were accepted". Well, today I was browsing the website and it says, "Applicants who are waitlisted also need to complete the Graduate School application February-March in order to remain on the waiting list."  So, in everyone opinion does February- March  mean the 1st of March or the end of March?  If it means the beginning do you think they will take me off the waiting list even though I was specify told not to do the application? I'm really stressing out!!=( I have worked so hard to get into PA school and really felt in my heart this was my year and for something like this to potentially mess up my chances has me very worried. Can y'all please give you your take on this situation? It would be greatly appreciated to help be get some clarity on the whole situation. Thank you!

Based on this, I would fill out the application. Then call Monday: A range of February to March means to most people Feb 1 to Mar 31.

But, if  you're a nervous wreck over this, file the paperwork (or online or whatever) and indicate that your payment is being held at the direction of whoever told you not to pay yet. Also I would notify the program that you have filed per the direction and ask for whatever guidance they have for you.

Then breathe!  Good luck.

Why would it be March 1st?  They wouldn't use 1 day in a month and then use the name of that month (March) without specifying the day (1st).  Seriously though it's silly to think it could be March 1st.  I know you're really anxious, but there's no way it's March 1st.  They would just do Feb 1st-28th - no inclusion of an extra day in a new month.  It's Feb 1st - March 31st (or whatever the last day of March is ;p )

Archived