NAVY PA with SF

Hello everyone. I`m applying for the NAVY HSCP this year for a physician assistant program. I was curious if any PA`s could be assigned with special force groups such as SEAL teams. I`m sure it would not be your first billet if it was available. My background is in physical therapy so very interested in orthopedics. Thanks for any info.

Does anyone know what it means for your hscp package to be in review before boards? is that a good thing?

how long after review does the package go to boards?

Anyone know what a competitive profile for the hscp package looks like for pa?

What is considered an early application?

Do you know if preference is given to prior service?

• 3 weeks later...

Firstly, there is no such thing as "SF" or "Special Forces" in the Navy.  It's an Army term.  Semantics, maybe, just thought you should know.  In the Navy you'll hear people talk about the Spec War community or NSW (for Naval Special Warfare) or even SO (for Special Operations).

Secondly, as a direct accession PA, I would not expect an NSW billet (or indeed any operational tour) as your first assignment.  Typically the DA PA's go to clinics first (at least that's the intent).

Firstly, there is no such thing as "SF" or "Special Forces" in the Navy. It's an Army term. Semantics, maybe, just thought you should know. In the Navy you'll hear people talk about the Spec War community or NSW (for Naval Special Warfare) or even SO (for Special Operations).

Secondly, as a direct accession PA, I would not expect an NSW billet (or indeed any operational tour) as your first assignment. Typically the DA PA's go to clinics first (at least that's the intent).

Agreed. Unless you have prior operational experience with marines/nsw/marsoc/etc as a corpsman, you'll be at a navy branch medical clinic most likely.

Agreed. Unless you have prior operational experience with marines/nsw/marsoc/etc as a corpsman, you'll be at a navy branch medical clinic most likely.

I believe you can also go "SF" and/or Fleet Marine if you're able to get a spot within the Navy's Emergency Medicine Fellowship. But, this requires at least two years of practice before you're able to apply, in which case, you'll probably end up in a clinic.  

I believe you can also go "SF" and/or Fleet Marine if you're able to get a spot within the Navy's Emergency Medicine Fellowship. But, this requires at least two years of practice before you're able to apply, in which case, you'll probably end up in a clinic.  

At this time, the Emergency Medicine Fellowship also requires operational experience.

Archived