Applying to a Physician Position

I'm beginning the search for my first job (graduating in August) and I've seen several job postings for 2 or more physicians.  Is it inappropriate to email the contact person and ask if they'd consider a PA instead? It seems like if they're hiring multiple providers, they could at least hire a 1:1 ratio of physicians to midlevels and save a ton of money.  I just don't want to start asking that question if it will sound arrogant and potentially blacklist me with certain hospitals/hiring groups.  Any thoughts?

Do a little research and give them hard money facts.

Also remember, at least in our group, physicians who accept the role of SP to a PA get paid an extra fee, so factor that into the costs that you will expound about.

Great advocating and educating employers about the profession, though!

Is it possible that that they are advertising for a doc but a PA will satisfy what they really need? Perhaps they just need a lil help keeping up. I'm not saying that a PA is clinically equal to a doc (although some would argue that). I just think the people advertising for clinical jobs don't always know what they need and who can satisfy that need. 

Archived