MCPHS Worcester January 2015 - Accepted

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Brenna,

My situation was a little different. I actually applied and interviewed late into last cycle for January 2014. When they could not offer me a seat at the time I was encouraged to reapply for 2015. An interview was not required for me since I had already interviewed with them over the summer. From reading other posts though it looks like they are just starting interviews now!

Hi Guys!!

I have my interview in March. Super super nervous. Any information you can give me about what to prepare for would be amazing! Any questions that threw you off, i heard i need to write an essay??

Any information would be great!!! 

Thanks so much!!

Congrats Russ that's awesome! :) it's nice to finally know what I'm doing for sure and be able to enjoy the rest of this year stress free before we start.

JKP I was beyond nervous when I went for my interview when I really didn't need to be. Once I was interviewing I felt very relaxed and that the professor who did my one on one just wanted to get to know me as a person. Of course generic questions still had to be asked and most of them were scenario questions. Ie; talk about a time you had to overcome an obstacle to reach a goal/talk about a time you were really stressed because you had a lot going on and how you dealt with it/prioritized. Stuff like that. If I remember correct I was also asked things about the PA profession and what I knew about the Worcester program specifically. The writing portion back when I interviewed was based off of an article they had us all read (not sure if that has changed). If you are considering using a resource to prepare I recommend How to Ace the Physician Assistant Interview. It pretty much goes over every possible scenario question they could throw at you and what the best way to respond is. I bought it off amazon to help myself feel a little stronger going into it. Hope this helps - I'm sure you will do great!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello! I interviewed on March 21st and received my acceptance letter in the mail today, I look forward to meeting all of you. I am beyond thrilled to have been accepted at MCPHS, I was so impressed by the program and after my interview it definitely jumped to my first choice. Congratulations to everyone that has been accepted thus far, and good luck to those with upcoming interviews..! -KD

• 2 weeks later...

Archived