Anomaly Wrist injury - questionable workman's comp

I am in a difficult bind.  About 6 wks ago I woke up to wrist pain and wrist subluxation in which I am able to twist and relocate myself.  No prior wrist problems.  Ever since I have recurrent subluxations throughout the day and have trouble with supination and suturing, lifting, writing, injections, and even pressing the button for the cautery.  I thought it would be temporary but its still the same 6 wks later even after Christmas break.  I am still working but trying to rest it as much as possible.  I have seen multiple orthos who are all perplexed, giving different diagnosis.  The last one called it radio-ulnar joint laxity and inflammation which makes the most sense but he states he has never seen it in his 35 years of practice.

He also said that, legally he felt this was most likely a workman's comp case because it started the day after I did a very long genital wart removal procedure using cautery and scissors.  I didn't want to file wc and risk my doctor/pa relationship as well as hurting my potential for learning more procedures and surgeries (I've been working in derm for 1.5 yrs now).  However, now I am worried that this problem may not get better or get worse.  We are in the middle of contract re-negotiations as well. 

I am very worried as this could certainly be life changing in regards to career and health.  Any advise and words of wisdom would be very appreciated.

Archived