New Grad: salary fair for 1st job offer?

I am a new grad of 1 month and just received my first job offer. It is with a pediatric orthopedic surgery practice. I was just wondering about the starting base salary they were offering and I thought it was a little low, even with the package they were offering, what do you all think??? they are offering me upper $70's starting base salary, 100% health & dental insurance, but the attractive thing is that they have a profit sharing plan where they contribute 20% of your salary each year and I would not have to contribute anything at all for my retirement plan. I become eligible for the program after 1 year on the job and then become 20% vested each year until after 5 years in the program (end of my 6th working year) I become 100% vested. 

I am in the central Florida region, and I realize that this is not the highest area for salary, but even with the great profit sharing plan is the starting base salary in the upper 70's still a little low for a new grad in a surgical specialty area of practice??? I will have to do a little call each month but not all that much, we have residents that take on a big portion of the call load. I may have 4 or so week days of call a month (7am-7am) but then I get the next day off after call, and I may have 1 weekend of call every 2 months or so.    

Any insight/advice would be greatly appreciated.

I'd be careful about the retirement statement. It is a generous offering but will it be shown as taxable income, or kept off the W-2? What are the odds that you'll last five years to become fully vested? I'd still max out a Roth IRA contribution if you can afford to do so, especially if you're young. What about CME/malpractice costs? Basically you are being paid for a fellowship year and I personally would go for more after a year if all is going well.

Archived