Any PAs live and work in Idaho?

I will be living in Idaho once I graduate as a PA. Are there any PAs on this forum that work in Idaho? If so, can you tell me what I should expect as a starting salary in primary care? I have a friend that works in Nyssa Oregon (rural as hell near Boise ID) and they only pay her $65k/year. I find that kind of a slap in the face. I thought starting was something in the low 70k? I also know of another new grad that took a job in Billings MT that is paying her 65k per year. Doesn't that seem like ridiculous? Or am I out of touch with how poorly paid new grad PAs are? Thanks.

Those are two examples of people who should not have accepted offers, in my opinion.  I live in Idaho and currently work in WA.  I started in Idaho as a new grand working for the Indian Health Service.  I was making about $85k.  No overtime or bonuses, though (and in primary care, you can put in a LOT of overtime), so my actual wage was a little on the low side.  But it was a good offer and one of the highest the clinic had made to a new grad.  Don't take any offer for less than $70k plus a LOT of benefits.  Most would say don't look at anything less than $75k, which is reasonable.  If you do, you're selling yourself (and by extension the entire profession) short. 

Andrew

Those are two examples of people who should not have accepted offers, in my opinion.  I live in Idaho and currently work in WA.  I started in Idaho as a new grand working for the Indian Health Service.  I was making about $85k.  No overtime or bonuses, though (and in primary care, you can put in a LOT of overtime), so my actual wage was a little on the low side.  But it was a good offer and one of the highest the clinic had made to a new grad.  Don't take any offer for less than $70k plus a LOT of benefits.  Most would say don't look at anything less than $75k, which is reasonable.  If you do, you're selling yourself (and by extension the entire profession) short. 

Andrew

Acebecker,

I appreciate your feedback. Do you have any friends that are PAs in Idaho that I could contact and ask about salary information? Can you PM me their contact info? I have a friend that works for the health department in Caldwell and she makes low 60k. It is sad. I know that public health jobs tend to pay on the low side, but that is such a rip! I could handle starting in the mid 70s. Thanks for your feedback. I look forward to hearing from you.

• 1 month later...

Archived