corporations employing PA's

I think you'll find that a large number of them contract this service through outside provider groups. Potentially more services, greater access hours, less up front cost since materials would be purchased by contracting agency.

To answer your question directly, I'm not aware of such a list. You may find such opportunities through local governments though they are frequently hit up by the corporate entities described above offering bigger and better.

I doubt there's a list, but I bet you can figure it out by digging through company websites if you really want to. My suggestion is to build a bot on indeed.com aimed towards the Occ Health world. 

Using the above method, I came across a job with General Mills in MSP within the last year. I'd guess this is going to be more common in the companies with large, single site operations or  very remote operations (like in Alaska).

To "GetMeOuttaThisMess"- You were very helpful yesterday with your suggestion that I contact outside provider groups to pursue employment as a PA in a large question.  I had a question, however.  What would these companies be called so that I could contact them?  Would they be listed merely as "employment agency"?

To "GreatChecko"- Thank you for your response to my question yesterday concerning employment as a PA within large corporations.   I was wondering, however, how you selected the companies to look at their websites.  Did you just start with a list of Fortune 500 companies and start randomly looking at their websites?

To "GreatChecko"- Thank you for your response to my question yesterday concerning employment as a PA within large corporations.   I was wondering, however, how you selected the companies to look at their websites.  Did you just start with a list of Fortune 500 companies and start randomly looking at their websites?

I hate to say it, but it was just on a random indeed.com search using the key word physician assistant. You can scan through an look at the employers. I don't know of any other productive way to do it. 

Occ Med, Industrial Med, Urgent Care, i.e.-Concentra. Some smaller, local Urgent Care groups may contact area corporations to offer services.

As an aside, I'd love to find a way to get my foot in the door to offer just pre-employment exams, functional capacity assessments, and DOT exams to employers. Offered same to former employer with a reasonable concurrent drop in pay but never got past my administrator. Told them they needed to offer sick visits to local urgent care facilities since they had longer hours of care, lab access/x-ray onsite, and no age/demographic restriction like we had in office.

Archived