Q&A about UND's PA program

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/28/2018 at 11:11 AM, FCWVT said:

What was your experience like during didactic year? How did you keep yourself motivated during the online courses?

FCWVT- I'm in my second month of the program. There are live classes via a system similar to Skype two days a week. Summer semester is short so one test every week. To stay on top of things essentially you study as much as you can 50+ hours a week. There are assignments mixed in as well as quizzes. Fall is longer so it's supposed to slow slightly

On 6/18/2018 at 12:58 PM, kettle said:

FCWVT- I'm in my second month of the program. There are live classes via a system similar to Skype two days a week. Summer semester is short so one test every week. To stay on top of things essentially you study as much as you can 50+ hours a week. There are assignments mixed in as well as quizzes. Fall is longer so it's supposed to slow slightly

Hi Kettle. Thank you for replying to my question. Were you an entry 1 or 2 applicant when you applied? Also 

• 7 months later...
22 hours ago, atp999 said:

Current UND students, I know that you don't have a lot of free time, but you have some times, can you give us an overall tentative schedule for the whole 2 years period? The more specific the better. I would appreciate very much and don't worry if you can't. Thank you 

The schedule can be found on the UND PA Program Page, click on the program drop down tab and then select design and history.  On average you can plan on 50+ hours a week dedicated to school many times 60+ hours a week and sometimes even more.  Time on campus are full days and most study before and after class for several hours.  Over breaks there is still work to be done to prep for the next classes, it is ill advised to take anytime off not during breaks.  First semester I averaged 65 hours a week studying, I would say most were between 50-60, some more and very few less, second semester was similar and campus time I would say most dedicated 60 hours a week and that figures in roughly 40-45 hours of lectures/labs. Even with an extensive medical background and extensive educational background you still need to study a lot.  

• 2 months later...
On 1/26/2019 at 3:17 PM, kettle said:

The schedule can be found on the UND PA Program Page, click on the program drop down tab and then select design and history.  On average you can plan on 50+ hours a week dedicated to school many times 60+ hours a week and sometimes even more.  Time on campus are full days and most study before and after class for several hours.  Over breaks there is still work to be done to prep for the next classes, it is ill advised to take anytime off not during breaks.  First semester I averaged 65 hours a week studying, I would say most were between 50-60, some more and very few less, second semester was similar and campus time I would say most dedicated 60 hours a week and that figures in roughly 40-45 hours of lectures/labs. Even with an extensive medical background and extensive educational background you still need to study a lot.  

Thank you for replying.

last question, for on-campus didactics, where do you find housing? And how much per day? Or week, month?  Does school provide any accommodation for housing? 

Thanks 

On 3/28/2019 at 1:17 PM, atp999 said:

Thank you for replying.

last question, for on-campus didactics, where do you find housing? And how much per day? Or week, month?  Does school provide any accommodation for housing? 

Thanks 

There are a few hotels that offer month rates at a discount that the school let's you know of, some stay with friends, some live here, there are a few places on Airbnb as well. If you have a camper trailer in the warm months there are camping.

• 5 months later...