OLOL-PA c/o 2016 (getting started...)

I have some questions for current students of the OLOL-PA program.  

* What advice do you have for navigating financial aid, especially loans for living expenses.

* What kind of materials are to be purchased before the program starts?  (certain laptops/notebooks, stethoscope, or anything I'm not thinking about right now?)

* What is the dress code during the didactic part and clinical part of the program?

Any other advice you could give would be GREATLY appreciated!  Thanks so much!

• 3 weeks later...

* What advice do you have for navigating financial aid, especially loans for living expenses.

Most of the people in our class just got the basic grad school loans through the government. Interest rate sucks, but it's the easiest option. You apply once a year and loans are dispersed at the beginning of every semester. Tuition is roughly around $100k. I know some people in my class take out only the bare minimum...but the last thing I need on top of school stress is feeling like I have no money to have fun. So taking out the full amount available is probably around $150k at the end.

* What kind of materials are to be purchased before the program starts?  (certain laptops/notebooks, stethoscope, or anything I'm not thinking about right now?)

Our wonderful office admins Andi and Courtney should send out a book list. For those who don't need physical books, most of the 1st semester books the upper classes have digital files of. Majority of our class has macs...but there are still a few pc'ers. No specific laptop required. 

As part of your Physical Assessment class first semester you will be required to buy a set of tools through the program...about $500 if I remember correctly. That includes stethoscope, ophthalmoscope/otoscope set, etc. 

* What is the dress code during the didactic part and clinical part of the program?

Didactic- we have uniforms. Yay. Even though they suck and are ugly they are convenient. 

Clinical- 'professional dress'.

Can't wait to meet y'all at the "meet and greet" next week! Get excited!!!

Archived