Interview Dilemma

So I interviewed at one of my top choice schools and I have a 3 other interviews on the horizon.  However if I'm accepted to this school i interviewed at in early September, I would not interview at 2 of the other schools (one being a plane ticket away). 

Would it be too aggressive or improper to email telling them they are my top choice program and that I would not want to spend the money to interview at other places if i am accepted by them?

I just do not want to pay for a plane ticket/hotel etc if I dont have to.

Yes that is too aggressive and also unprofessional, in my humble opinion.

Paying for tickets and hotels is part of the investment for getting into PA school.  Look into refundable plane tickets and hope for the best.  I know it sucks to wait but you have to deal with your impatience, do NOT potentially risk decreasing your chances of getting in because you hate waiting or want to save money.  I had to put too much money on a credit card to interview but again, it's all part of the game and you just gotta play it.

I agree with winterallsummer. The school is not going to change its procedures to meet your needs, but the request to do so will raise some eyebrows. Best to be the professional and see what happens in the natural course of things.

I was accepted -- and paid the deposit -- for one program and eventually decided that the last place to accept me was the best for me. You learn something at every interview, so take whatever time the process lets you have.

Good luck!

As a former PhD applicant who made a SIMILAR mistake-- I would advise you to NOT embarrass yourself and ruin your chances!  I received an interview at a prestigious university for my PhD program, but had not been been called back to let me know if I'd been accepted (or not).  I ALSO got an interview with my last option "safety" school-- which accepted me almost right after the interview… but thinking that I would be accepted at the prestigious school, I told my safety school I would give them my decision later (they told me I had to make a decision within 3 days).  What ensued, in hindsight, was a volley of calls and emails to the #1 school… and in the process I lost BOTH schools! So be patient.  As a PA School applicant you should have been prepared to lay down some cash for this process.    

Archived