RT to PA-C vs APRN

I have almost completed Respiratory therapy school, and I am currently working as a student therapist at a local hospital. I know I want to stay in school, and I figure PA would be a nice transition as I know several therapists that have went on to become one. However, as I read increasingly negative stuff about the PA profession I wonder if I should go back to RN school in order to become a CRNA or possibly a NP as scope of practice laws seem to be in their favor.There is a program close to me that offers a RT to RN bridge that only takes a year and you only have to attend a class one day a week. Is it worth going back to be a RN to become a APRN? 

I personally think you are crazy to add another 2 years of schooling to become an rn + 2 years np..... And for your troubles will finish with a less thorough education. You are going to cough up a TON of money and time because your local area uses NPs more? Do the math on lost salary + tuition...

Anyways if you are willing and able to do those four years why not just go to med school?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Archived