Asking for letters of rec before CASPA opens

I don't know if this has already been posted, but I can't seem to find it when I search the forums. I graduated this past May, and I'm not planning to apply to PA schools until the next application cycle, but I don't want to wait that long to ask for letter of rec, as I feel the professor I want to ask will remember my work much better if I ask for one now. I was going to have her submit her letter to a letter holding service like interfolio, but I saw that on CASPA you still need a reference request form to be submitted with any letters from interfolio. As CASPA does not open for me until April 2015, I won't be able to generate that letter request form before then. 

Has anyone else had a similar problem? What did you do? 

I had a similar situation, I asked the professor at the end of the semester if she would be willing to write me a letter, but told her it wouldn't be for a few months. I kept in touch, dropped into her office whenever I could and when letter time came, I gave her all the info. She happily wrote me a letter and by chance was right next to me when I got the call.

So, my advice is to definitely ask and figure out what you have to do so they can submit your letter. CASPA adds a layer of complication, but nothing a little bit of effort can overcome.

Archived