2014 Cycle

• 1 month later...

Hi!

Congrats on your interview, hope it went well.

I am actually planning on submitting my application early on this week and was wondering what your stats are as far as experience and GPA- of course only if you are comfortable sharing. I really just want to get an idea as far as what type of applicant Seton Hall is looking for or willing to look into. Also, were any of your classes pending/in progress at the time of applying?

Hope to hear back from you soon!

Hi PRizvi -

Our hard cutoffs for GPA are 3.2 for a cumulative and pre-req GPA (our pre-reqs being chem, bio, A&P, micro, psych and a math course). Most of our accepted applicants tend to be closer to 3.5. The healthcare experience of our students varies widely and is one thing that you can use to distinguish yourself from other applicants. The highest quality experiences are those where you provide direct care for someone, such as being an EMT or CNA. Experiences may be paid or volunteer.

I think we are similar to most programs in what we look for:

First, you have to convince a program that you can survive the rigorous coursework.

Second, you have to show a program what unique talents and skills you can bring to a class. Medicine is very much a team endeavor. In smaller PA programs, we really look to see how each individual applicant will fit into a class and contribute to everyone's success.

I hope this helps - good luck!

Hi PRizvi -

Our hard cutoffs for GPA are 3.2 for a cumulative and pre-req GPA (our pre-reqs being chem, bio, A&P, micro, psych and a math course). Most of our accepted applicants tend to be closer to 3.5. The healthcare experience of our students varies widely and is one thing that you can use to distinguish yourself from other applicants. The highest quality experiences are those where you provide direct care for someone, such as being an EMT or CNA. Experiences may be paid or volunteer.

I think we are similar to most programs in what we look for:

First, you have to convince a program that you can survive the rigorous coursework.

Second, you have to show a program what unique talents and skills you can bring to a class. Medicine is very much a team endeavor. In smaller PA programs, we really look to see how each individual applicant will fit into a class and contribute to everyone's success.

I hope this helps - good luck!

Thank you so much for your detailed response! I look forward to submitting my application to Seton Hall's Physician Assistant program. 

The timeline for reviewing applicants varies a little bit depending upon what else is happening in the program. We review records pretty quickly at the end of the summer, but then things slow a little bit when the first year classes start (last week of August) and immediately before the second year class starts rotations (the week before last). The pace will start picking up again shortly.

The timeline for notification following an interview also varies a bit. We generally try to interview 2-3 cohorts of students over the course of a month and then decide upon dispositions. If you interview in the first cohort, you might not hear back for 3-4 weeks; if you are in the final cohort it might be as short as one week.

congrats Grecob49,

I am extremely nervous to know what will happen to me, i had done my shadowing in cardiothoracic surgery and skin cancer surgery. would you please share your stats, my main concern is gpa however i am hoping to pull it up doing good in GRE. i wish you the best if you got acceptance letter.

Did anyone receive an interview invite? I just got mine today, I'm interviewing at 9 on October 4th. It's my second time interviewing with Seton Hall, (I was waitlisted last year) so hopefully everything will go better this year!

Hello, congrats would you please mind sharing your gpa and other stats?

Hi all, I got my acceptance call last Monday! :)

My undergrad GPA was a 3.52, though according to CASPA it was a 3.36. My CASPA science GPA was a 3.28. Seton Hall doesn't use the CASPA application, so they took the 3.52.

I have about 2000 hours of healthcare experience. Around 200 from volunteering I did in college, and the rest from post grad work as a CNA. I also have around 40 hours of shadowing with surgical orthopedic PA's.

Hope this helps, good luck to you all!

Hi all, I got my acceptance call last Monday! :)

My undergrad GPA was a 3.52, though according to CASPA it was a 3.36. My CASPA science GPA was a 3.28. Seton Hall doesn't use the CASPA application, so they took the 3.52.

I have about 2000 hours of healthcare experience. Around 200 from volunteering I did in college, and the rest from post grad work as a CNA. I also have around 40 hours of shadowing with surgical orthopedic PA's.

Hope this helps, good luck to you all!

congrats...how was the interview like? what questions did they ask you? and anything to write? thanks for sharing

Archived