What would you do in this situation (choosing between different CNA options)

I am working on getting healthcare experience to apply for PA school the next cycle.

I just accepted a caregiver position at an assisted living facility for between 24-32 hours per week on a PM shift. Driving home from accepting this job I received a call from the local hospital about a CNA job in the ICU. During our phone interview I was told they would need to see my schedule before seeing if I could hop over there part time. Thing is the hospital has several open CNA jobs (on which I had been waiting for 2 weeks before I even tried applying to non hospital positions) between 16-32 hours a week and naturally that would be great experience for a pre-pa. So I ask what would you do in my situation? I am considering figuring out my schedule at the assisted living facility and trying to get in part time at the hospital but I would hate to lose any potential door into the hospital due to the assisted living position. I dont want to simply forsake the assisted living position because the hospital job is not guaranteed and I may look like slippery candidate.

I was given the cell phone number of the HR employee at the hospital and told to report back. Any advice or thoughts on this? I really want to get into a hospital position.

I guess what I wonder is, what would you say to the HR from the hospital. How do I tell them I am interested enough in a job there that I would drop the assisted living position if given an offer without damaging their opinion of me. Also i'm assuming I would have to turn in a 2 week notice to the assisted living facility? (even though my first day of work isn't until next wednesday)

Archived