Medex BS option a good idea?

"The Physician Assistant Program at the University of Washington School of Medicine, offers a Master or Bachelor of Clinical Health Services degree (MCHS or BCHS). All students who complete the program successfully also earn a Certificate of Completion, which qualifies them to take the national certification examination."

Am I reading this right? You can take boards and become a PA with just a bachelors?

Are PA's w/o Masters looked down upon?

P.S. Sorry, this has probably already been discussed but I couldn't find anything about it when I searched

Like Staff Sargent said, it doesn't matter where you study so long as you attend an accredited school and pass the boards. CA offers a couple of certificate programs (SJVC, Stanford, Riverside). Most of the "Bachelors" programs, aside from MEDEX, are on the East Coast and are 3+2 programs, meaning they offer a combined Bachelors and Masters. They are not a Bachelors degree in the true sense of the word.

Archived