AAPA Student Society

Hey all,

I'm a new PA student and am trying to get a student society going at my school which has never had a student society before. I have read through all the guidelines and the requirements for the mandatory positions for the society and just wanted to see if anyone else on these forums has gone through the process of setting one of these up at their respective schools. Any insight into getting this off the ground would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

I haven't started a new society but I was a part of student government while in school. We called it PASA. It involves monthly meetings with the student members and at least an additional meeting with the officers. The student society can be used to facilitate so much. Whether it be service projects, fund raisers, mixers with other student societies, competition in the challenge bowl, etc. I was the AOR/HOD rep as well as the class president (class officers are separate from student societies). If I remember correctly, you'll need a faculty sponsor. They should be a good resource. It can be done. The key will be to collect your thoughts so as to cast vision and gain support/involvement from the PA students. It will be natural to get resistance from the type A students who feel they have no time for any extracurricular activities. Emphasize responsibility and involvement. We did not charge dues. It was automatic membership. Most schools will allot you a budget. We would use some of the money to provide a lunch during the meetings. PM me if you have any questions.

Archived