Question for the entrepreneural PAs

Im interested in knowing a little about owning shares oof a diagnostic facility. Practicing medicine is my main goal, but establishing my own practice and being an adept entrepreneur is also important. Im curious to know if any of you own a share in a private x ray facility and what kind of financial benefits you can receive. Any other information on friends who own or have partial ownership of outpatient surgery facilities would be great too. Thanks guys

Just did a little more digging. I found an interesting example online but seems too good to be true. Say a local ambulatory surgery center is allowing for a buy in. The max share you can buy in for is 5%. The ASC makes a profit of 500k a year. If the buy in rate is 50k and ROI is 25k a year..then you are making 25k profit after the first two years. Now I understand there is going to be a primary share holder of the ASC but imagine if there were 20 investors all at 5% and the profit remains at 500k. This ASC is shelling out 500k to their investors which reduces profit to 0. I imagine this is why there are not 20 investors in an ASC. Any thoughts on the potential of financial gains and or losses on such a thing? These numbers seem inflated but nonetheless still interesting.

unlikely

many states have laws preventing "corporate of medicine" which restricts ownership to medical professionals - not in every state but in many

Also, there certainly is some "less then honest" corporations starting up that are trying to get going (And there has been many of these in the past and will continue to be in the future)

The old adage "if it sounds to good to be true it likely is". Honestly, if you think it is that easy to make 25k per year (50% return) why would anyone ask for investors?

Interesting thoughts, a shame that hospitals can buy any kind of facility and its ok and the second a family practice opens up it is an issue of self referral for profit. If there is documentation of needed tests then there should not be an issue but I guess hospitals can buy the best lawyers to prevent patients from getting cheaper tests and allowing the small business owner to thrive.

Archived