NCCPA Emergency Medicine CAQ Standard Setting/Practice Analysis Studies

Did anyone else receive an e-mail from NCCPA inviting to be a "subject matter expert" ? In part it states:

• We are asking for your availability and willingness to participate for 1 ½ days in Atlanta, GA, for a full day on Saturday September 28th, and until noon on Sunday, September 29th. On Saturday we will be conducting a study that will provide data that will help NCCPA establish a passing standard for the examination for a Certificate of Added Qualification in this practice area. On Sunday, we will gather information and input regarding questions to be used in a practice analysis study for this practice area, as well as other professional surveys.

Anyone have any experience with this? Is it a worthwhile activity?

Sara L.

Have you taken the CAQ already? I did not get such an email, but I haven't taken the exam yet.

No, I have no plans to take the ER CAQ. I actually think they are a waste of time for most people who have worked in the ED for awhile.

Just wondering if it's legit and/or a big waste of time.

Sara

Archived