Too late for 2014 ?

I am applying to 9 PA programs. Emory, Mercy, Cornell, Pace, Long Island U., Touro (Manhattan), Drexel, Sophie Davis at City college, and SUNY Downstate. I am still waiting on two letters of references and one transcript to reach CASPA. All but two of these programs participate in CASPA and it is already near the end of July. Is it too late to get accepted to these programs for next year? Am I wasting my money applying to these programs? Also I have not taken Microbiology or Biochemistry. I graduated with a Bachelor's of liberal Arts and have nearly 1500 hours of HCE as a volunteer EMT and an ED volunteer. 50 hours of PA shadowing. What do you guys think?

You are probably mid-cycle for a lot of the CASPA schools. Non-CASPA schools will vary; our cycle only opened July 1.

Thanks for replying. Are you saying then that I am not too late to apply this cycle? I still have not e-submitted as I said I am waiting for one college transcripts and two LOR's.

I am applying to 9 PA programs. Emory, Mercy, Cornell, Pace, Long Island U., Touro (Manhattan), Drexel, Sophie Davis at City college, and SUNY Downstate. I am still waiting on two letters of references and one transcript to reach CASPA. All but two of these programs participate in CASPA and it is already near the end of July. Is it too late to get accepted to these programs for next year? Am I wasting my money applying to these programs? Also I have not taken Microbiology or Biochemistry. I graduated with a Bachelor's of liberal Arts and have nearly 1500 hours of HCE as a volunteer EMT and an ED volunteer. 50 hours of PA shadowing. What do you guys think?

Last year I sent my application in end of September!

I am in my 6th week of PA school!

So, positive outlook! :)

I do know that many of these schools are already scheduling interviews and spots will begin to fill in the next couple months. I sent everything out in mid-may of this year, and have been invited to an interview at Drexel on August 16th. I also have interviews at 6 others schools so far. Be aware that once everything comes in to CASPA, it still takes some time for them to officially review and verify your application, then to mail it. Different programs have different requirements for deadlines and whether they require your CASPA app to be e-submitted, complete, verified, mailed, etc, so I recommend looking at those closely.

Archived