Chance of getting in based on GREs and CASPA GPA

I am interested in attending Emory and recently took the GREs. I scored a 152V and 150Q and 4AW. My overall CASPA GPA is 3.38 and my science specific overall is 3.43. I have already submitted my CASPA app and Emory supplemental and both have been received by the school..the only thing pending is my GRE scores.

I currently already have a masters of public health degree from a top program and nearly 2 years of direct patient care in clinical trials and I currently work in global healthcare capacity building.

Thoughts on if I should retake the GRE?

Just a quick update: I emailed Emory admissions and last years stats were:

GPA total: 3.40

GPA science: 3.39

162V; 152Q; 4.2AW

13% have previous masters

37% speak a second language

snoofle:

Many programs get more competitive each year. Your GRE is not on average. Averages of course include lower and higher score than the average, but there's only one side of that divide you want to be on.

Your cumulative GPA is below last year's average. Why are you looking only at Emory? Maybe this thread can be moved there. There are programs that will be happy to accept you, and I recommend casting a wider net if you are not already doing so.

Josh Morrison

Director, Student Enrollment Services

IU School of Health & Rehabilitation Sciences, IUPUI

http://www.shrs.iupui.edu

paadmit@iupui.edu

I would greatly expand your school list. I would imagine a GPA of around 3.5 is what most schools what, but that is definitely not a threshold for interviews/acceptances. People tend to forget your story. If you have an interesting life story and have over come some pretty tough things, it goes a long way. So your GPA may be totally reasonable. Anyway, I would up your school list to 5 if not 8 schools. Remember your goal should be to get in pretty much anywhere, not to pick which school you want to go to...few can do that.

Archived