How to get Loan Repayment Incentive from Private Practice Employer

Greetings everyone,

Just wanted to ask the PA forum community on their thoughts.

I'm nearing my 1 year mark of employment with this private practice outpatient internal medicine clinic. 45$/hr for 40hrs/wk, 10-15pts/day. 1 week PTO, all paid holidays. no CME time or money.

I think I'm making the practice money but not sure if I should be aggressive and ask for salaried 100k/yr.

Instead I was thinking it'd be a good idea to see if my SP would entertain the idea of paying me the same but with some sort of loan repayment incentive that I could use to pay off loans before taxes. This way it'd be win/win. I get to pay off loans faster, she pays me the same amount.

I'd like to research how I can go about getting this set up before I present it to her and see what her thoughts are. Unfortunately, I have little to no experience in managing/running the business side of medicine.

Also this is not an underprivileged area so i dont qualify for the NHSC programs.

Please help! Thoughts great appreciated

• 1 month later...

Archived