PA's in Isreal

Interesting question and keep me informed of what you find out. Here is what I know: Also here's the offical contact points:

You can inquire with the Israeli Gov directly (health professions) at fax number: 972 - 2-6790846.

I worked in Egypt (under the radar) and I tried to work in Cyprus. In Cyprus, I was going to work with a Cyproit cardiologist, trained at the Cleveland Clinic and worked along side PAs. I visited his clinic in Cyprus. He wanted me to come, but, the only way he could get me a license to work in the country was: 1) I take the Cypriot National Nursing Exam and 2) Function only as an "RN." Didn't do it.

I looked into this 4 years ago before starting PA school... worried that if I ever wanted to move to Israel I would be jobless. I contacted someone at the Israeli department of labor (I think that was the subcategory) and she told me that PAs are not yet recognized by Israel to practice medicine.

Since I didn't see myself living in Israel in the near future, I went to PA school anyway, thinking that PAs were increasingly being used across Europe and would likely eventually hit Israel too.

For your friend- the one loophole I thought of years ago was to find a private American doctor who had immigrated (thus familiar with PAS) and see if anything could be worked out there.

I'd be HIGHLY interested if you come across any new info!

Good luck!

Arielle

I worked in Abu Dhabi in the early 80s (as a student) under the radar. A good friend of mine is still the hospital adimistrator there. I recently (two weeks ago) was talking to him about the remote possibibility of me coming back to Dubai and opening a headache clinic.

He was telling me that Abu Dhabi is more restrictive on practitioners than ever. That not only could I not open an indpendent clinic, but they can not get premission for any PA to work there (as they could in the past). They are having a hard time even getting American doctors licensed there (huge amount or red tape).

So, Israel of course is very different than Dubai or Abu Dhabi. But I was hoping in time that PAs would get into the Emirates easier, but now it is impossible (but they have money to burn and can be picky).

• 2 years later...
Update: Filling the holes in our health system

Ignoring the apostrophe "s," not a bad article. Doesn't sound like PAs are going happen there in the immediate future but much closer than when I spoke with the department of labor 6ish years ago.

Agreed it's a pretty good article, although they list Harvard as having a PA program; perhaps they were thinking Yale?

• 2 years later...

Archived