When do PA programs send interview invites?

I am applying through CASPA for the 1st time. When do the PA programs start sending interview invites? Right now in June? July? Or do they wait until the deadline has passed first, and then start sending them?

I'm trying to decide when to finalize my application, even though I'll be sending it in early July at latest....Early July is not *late,* is it?

My plan is to apply to programs that have either non-rolling and rolling admissions. If I understand correctly, rolling admissions mean, 'first-come-first-serve' decisions? And non-rolling admissions mean: Programs takes all applications until deadline, and then send invites afterwards?

My programs' start dates are mostly in May 2014 or Aug 2014 (and a few in Jan 2014).

I'm no expert, being an applicant myself, so maybe someone else can weigh in here, but I understand rolling admissions to mean not so much first-come, first-served, but more "selective admissions based on merit and expected applicant statistics". But yes, you do have more seats in each program the earlier you are considered.

@ktcan10:

Correct, at least in my experience. "Rolling" means that applications are considered as they arrive and the class is filled as the process unfolds, generally.

Some programs follow this policy, others have a "window" process, wherein applications are accepted, reviewed at the end of the application process, and then the next step occurs, whether that be an admission offer or an interview request, or other.

Josh Morrison

Director, Student Enrollment Services

Indiana University Physician Assistant Program

Archived