2010-2011 Applications

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 years later...

HE FINALLY WRITES BACK!!!

UToledo's interview process was comfortable (as much as any PA interview can be at least) and non-threatening. The pressure is only on during the 2-3 one-on-one interviews (know exactly why you want to be a PA) and then again during group interviews (ethical scenarios designed to assess your critical thinking skills).

Ultimately, I got accepted, confirmed my acceptance, and actually declined my other interviews. I started UToledo's PA program in 8/2011 and graduated in 12/2013. Afterwards, I moved back home and started clinical practice in primary care, general practice, family/internal med, etc... whatever you want to call it. I see pts for 1 family med doc and 2 internal med docs, all of which are awesome. The family medicine physician was actually my PCP since I was 15. He allowed me shadow him in undergrad, wrote one of my letters of rec for PA school, and let me complete my last 6 weeks of clinical rotations with him during my primary care preceptorship. During the preceptorship is when he offered me a job -- felt amazing... 

There is light at the end of the tunnel... and it pays off.

Archived