Article in Parent magazine about PAs-Read it and cringe!

Guest Paula
Got this in the email today:

AAPA responding to incorrect Parenting article

AAPA

The July 2013 edition of Parenting magazine features a story that incorrectly describes the PA profession. The article says that PAs cannot prescribe medications, which is untrue. AAPA is responding to the magazine writers and editors to educate them on the PA profession — and you can help! Use the Contact Us form to reach Parenting staff and tell them about how PAs provide team-based, patient-focused healthcare.

http://www.parenting.com/contact-us

I'll be writing and I hope the magazine responds or even better, writes a correction, but I'm not holding my breath. Maybe someone can convince them to write an article about PA's to make up for the mistake...one can dream.

I posted on the FB site of the parenting magazine and offered to be interviewed and/or to write an article about PAs. I haven't heard back from them.

Omg. I was just getting on here to share it with you guys. I am appalled at the continued lack of knowledge of our scope of practice. It's is a blatant hooray for NPS and it makes me so angry. Just wrote the editor. We'll see if they print an edit to this article....

When you get out of your diapers and become a PA than maybe your comments will mean something.

Perhaps you should get your head out of your *** and stand up for what you do. Parents are neurotic when it comes to their kids and they are not gonna let someone that they think is a subpar provider see their kids when they are ill. We have to fight all of see battles to keep the pa reputation where it should be. I'm disappointed in you and embarrassed to call you a pa colleague.

Archived