Sign in to follow this  
beano

elective rotations

I'm looking for advice from experienced PAs on what to pick for and elective rotation. I am planning on going either primary care, emergency, cardio, or hospitalist for my career but I am really open and excited for all (most) of my rotations. I have 2 electives, 4 weeks each. I am pretty set on cardio for one, and I want the other to be something that will be useful in my career no matter where I go. I am thinking Derm or Critical Care. Any suggestions?

Our core rotations are : Inpatient Med, Outpatient Med, Surgery, Psych, Emergency, OB/Gyn, Peds and Rehab Med

I'm not experienced - just graduated. FWIW since your interests are so broad I would probably look for a second elective in endocrinology or rheumatology.

Cardiology is a great choice.

I didn't have the chance, but I think I'd take endocrine. Lots of diabetes, thyroid issues, cortisol levels, SIADH, etc. Neuro would be good too. (I did cardio, loved it, and that's what I do with my life now.)

Good luck, whatever you choose.

I'm towards the end of my rotations and I chose cardiology and emergency (in addition to the core). The ED is such a great place to learn.