CASPA research experience section

I started in the Summer with no credits, but continued the following Fall semester till December for a total of 9 months for credits during Fall. CASPA says not too note research exp if you have done it for credit? What if I started with no credit, do I just don't note my research exp at all or what?

You should only list the non-credit portion under research experience and the credit portion will fall under your coursework. For example, say you started the research position in May and then continued into the fall semester for class credit. You should list the non-credit portion as lasting from May until the beginning of fall semester, and then whatever research you have done since the beginning of the semester will be captured as one of your classes in your coursework section. Basically, they don't want the same experience to show up in two places of your application.

Archived