To apply or not to apply

Basically, I can't decide if I should apply this summer or wait until the next cycle. Just finished my Junior year and currently have a 3.6 cum GPA. I've been racking up HCE as an STNA(only about 500 hours so far) but was also planning on getting my EMT certification this fall. Do you think it would be better to just wait until I have some EMT experience under my belt and some more volunteer hours. Currently have 1 pre-req left (O-Chem :=Z:), GRE is pending and have a few people willing to write LORs. I'm leaning on just waiting until everything is done and I have my degree but is this necessary? (Don't really want to apply this cycle if I'm not competitive enough but at the same time I really don't want to take a whole year off of school during the next cycle). Thoughts?

Apply and just throw a couple traps versus casting a wide net. Apply where you have the best chance of getting in / places that allow prerequisites / degrees to be in progress / etc. Who knows you may get in. But if you don't apply for sure you won't get in. Applying will also get you familiar with CASPA and the application process. Also most of your info stays in the system for the following cycle. All you would need to do is update it with what's been accomplished since you last submitted your application and new LORs. Just don't apply later than July..

Archived