Asking to shadow my PA/professor who also works in the program I want to apply to?

Hey Guys,

I took a class this past semester with a professor who was also a PA. I got an A in her class and also met with her a few times to go over PA school advising. I would love the opportunity to shadow her, as I did well in her class and she knows me personally. However, I'm assuming she may say no because she works in the PA program I'm applying to (dont think she's on the admissions board but she definitely works closely with the director of admissions) - and it would be a conflict of interest. Do you guys think it will hurt to ask her if I can shadow her?

Hey Guys,

I took a class this past semester with a professor who was also a PA. I got an A in her class and also met with her a few times to go over PA school advising. I would love the opportunity to shadow her, as I did well in her class and she knows me personally. However, I'm assuming she may say no because she works in the PA program I'm applying to (dont think she's on the admissions board but she definitely works closely with the director of admissions) - and it would be a conflict of interest. Do you guys think it will hurt to ask her if I can shadow her?

Hey Guys,

Nothing wrong with asking. If she's professional, which I'm sure she is, she'll be able to separate the two. Many times TA's in anatomy, pathophysiology and other courses are admitted into programs because their teachers also teach the PA classes.

Nothing wrong with asking. If she's professional, which I'm sure she is, she'll be able to separate the two. Many times TA's in anatomy, pathophysiology and other courses are admitted into programs because their teachers also teach the PA classes.

Archived