What Are My Chances Of Getting In? High GPA w/ Only Pharmacy Tech Experience

Lisa:

Three months is great! The EMT programs where I am from are about that length too. Definitely going to try and get certified in something this Fall... was thinking about Medical Assistant. I won't be applying for P.A. programs until Fall 2014 so I've got more time than I thought... was hoping this year but realized I've got a lot more to do. But yes, the training will definitely be well-spent and I'll feel much more comfortable applying to schools with more than Pharmacy Tech. experience.

Lisa:

Three months is great! The EMT programs where I am from are about that length too. Definitely going to try and get certified in something this Fall... was thinking about Medical Assistant. I won't be applying for P.A. programs until Fall 2014 so I've got more time than I thought... was hoping this year but realized I've got a lot more to do. But yes, the training will definitely be well-spent and I'll feel much more comfortable applying to schools with more than Pharmacy Tech. experience.

Hello I too am a pharmacy technician and have over 6+ years full time experience and last year I just had some volunteer experience at a hospital and other non healthcare settings and I got two interviews. I don't have the best GPA, but I feel my personal statement spoke my desire to become a PA and my letters of recommendation were also solid. I truly believe you can get an interview especially if you have a great GPA. This year I have added two new certifications as an EMT-B and CNA and I'm currently working as a CNA on weekends and volunteering still. Good luck to you!

Wow, that's great to hear! That makes me feel much more confident. Did you get your letters of recommendation from P.A.'s while doing volunteer work at the hospital?

Good luck in your journey. Sounds like you'll get in next time around. :)

Hello I too am a pharmacy technician and have over 6+ years full time experience and last year I just had some volunteer experience at a hospital and other non healthcare settings and I got two interviews. I don't have the best GPA, but I feel my personal statement spoke my desire to become a PA and my letters of recommendation were also solid. I truly believe you can get an interview especially if you have a great GPA. This year I have added two new certifications as an EMT-B and CNA and I'm currently working as a CNA on weekends and volunteering still. Good luck to you!

Wow, that's great to hear! That makes me feel much more confident. Did you get your letters of recommendation from P.A.'s while doing volunteer work at the hospital?

No, I just had a PA I shadowed for awhile write one for me and also my family physician who I had also shadowed and then a pharmacist I have worked with for along time. Hope this helps

No, I just had a PA I shadowed for awhile write one for me and also my family physician who I had also shadowed and then a pharmacist I have worked with for along time. Hope this helps

I'm definitely going to have my pharmacist write one too. Thanks for the info.

I'm definitely going to have my pharmacist write one too. Thanks for the info.

Archived