PANRE- Surgery vs primary care focus

Hello all you PANRE PAs,

I have been in Ortho for 12 years, passed PANCE 12 years ago, 1st PANRE 6 yrs ago

and now its time to do it again.

I just signed up with the surgical focus, take test in 3 weeks (studying for 2 months), but have since heard that it covers every surgical specialty and it has a HIGH fail rate.

Has anyone experience to share?

I just finished the 3 day Chicago course, and they recommend taking the primary care. They had heard too many people failed the surgery first, then retook the primary and passed.

Thoughts??

I am waiting to find out form the NCCPA how to change my 'focus'

Thanks

Hello all you PANRE PAs,

I have been in Ortho for 12 years, passed PANCE 12 years ago, 1st PANRE 6 yrs ago

I just signed up with the surgical focus, take test in 3 weeks (studying for 2 months), but have since heard that it covers every surgical specialty and it has a HIGH fail rate.

I just finished the 3 day Chicago course, and they recommend taking the primary care. They had heard too many people failed the surgery first, then retook the primary and passed.

Thoughts??

Thanks

Hello all you PANRE PAs,

Thoughts??

Thanks

I just spoke with the NCCPA. Although they don't publish these results, they have many statistics available over the phone.

The pass rate for the surgery focus is only 85-87%

and the pass rate for the adult medicine is 92-94%

that means the failure rate is much higher with surgery.

I have cancelled my exam and rescheduled for adult medicine. It would be interesting to see how many people failed the surgery exam and why?

I just spoke with the NCCPA. Although they don't publish these results, they have many statistics available over the phone.

I have cancelled my exam and rescheduled for adult medicine. It would be interesting to see how many people failed the surgery exam and why?

I am totally going to take the primary care PANRE vs the surgery one, even though I spent 10 years in surgery (all fields, including ortho, gen, URO, OB GYN, colorectal, etc) because I have a fair idea of what the primary care questions will cover. I am not so sure that the surg questions will be like. I agree with EMEDPA, the info is all in there from training, it just needs to be refreshed and brought to the surface.

Archived