Kaplan vs. Other GRE Preparation Options

Hello all-

I need to take the GRE this summer, and I have two options to help me prepare for it.

For the same price (~$1,000), I could obtain 24 hours of:

- Kaplan on-site (in a classroom) GRE Prep

- Math and Verbal GRE 1-1 tutoring with tutors off the internet (via http://www.wyzant.com)

Kaplan does this type of thing all the time, so they have an advantage regarding organization, planning and test-taking tips. However, the course is 45 minutes away, and on somebody else's schedule, covering material for a whole classroom.

Private tutoring off the internet will give me someone who knows the material, but who probably never has- or has little experience- tutored the GRE. I've used this website before, and found it to be a "mixed bag". So far, I've found 2 decent candidates- 1 for verbal, 1 for quant.

Thoughts?

PS Thanks in advance for reading the post and your insight, I appreciate it.

Hello all-

I need to take the GRE this summer, and I have two options to help me prepare for it.

- Math and Verbal GRE 1-1 tutoring with tutors off the internet (via http://www.wyzant.com)

Kaplan does this type of thing all the time, so they have an advantage regarding organization, planning and test-taking tips. However, the course is 45 minutes away, and on somebody else's schedule, covering material for a whole classroom.

Private tutoring off the internet will give me someone who knows the material, but who probably never has- or has little experience- tutored the GRE. I've used this website before, and found it to be a "mixed bag". So far, I've found 2 decent candidates- 1 for verbal, 1 for quant.

Thoughts?

Hello all-

Thoughts?

Have you considered Kaplan's "Classroom Anywhere" option? I'm currently taking my GRE prep class with Kaplan Anywhere, and I LOVE it. You need an internet connection and um, that's it. They have two options...a pre-recorded lecture, or an actual interactive session with a classroom instructor where you can ask questions and so forth in real time.

I believe it's actually cheaper than the in-classroom option, too.

Have you considered Kaplan's "Classroom Anywhere" option? I'm currently taking my GRE prep class with Kaplan Anywhere, and I LOVE it. You need an internet connection and um, that's it. They have two options...a pre-recorded lecture, or an actual interactive session with a classroom instructor where you can ask questions and so forth in real time.

Archived