Prereq Question Regarding "Level" of Course

As the title states, I'm wondering how much bearing the level of the course (i.e. 100 vs 300) has if the course content is the same. Case and point at all three schools I have attended, the course in question (A&P) is no higher than level 100. I'm just wondering if anyone else ever found themselves in this position, and what the outcome was in terms of acceptance or the response from the institution. I understand the simplest solution would probably be to ,"contact the programs you are interested in...", but I figure some second opinions on here wouldn't hurt either.

M12

As the title states, I'm wondering how much bearing the level of the course (i.e. 100 vs 300) has if the course content is the same. Case and point at all three schools I have attended, the course in question (A&P) is no higher than level 100. I'm just wondering if anyone else ever found themselves in this position, and what the outcome was in terms of acceptance or the response from the institution. I understand the simplest solution would probably be to ,"contact the programs you are interested in...", but I figure some second opinions on here wouldn't hurt either.

M12

M12

When I took my prereqs in community college, there were two options. The first was a combined A&P course and the second were separate classes for the two subjects. The second option is what the schools I was applying to wanted.

The best course is to ask the academic coordinator at schools you plan to apply to.

When I took my prereqs in community college, there were two options. The first was a combined A&P course and the second were separate classes for the two subjects. The second option is what the schools I was applying to wanted.

The best course is to ask the academic coordinator at schools you plan to apply to.

Along with this, I have a question. If my school offers two separate courses, titles "Biochemistry" and "Intro to Biochemistry" and they both have the same pre-requisite courses, does it matter which I take? Do PA schools prefer one over the other?

Along with this, I have a question. If my school offers two separate courses, titles "Biochemistry" and "Intro to Biochemistry" and they both have the same pre-requisite courses, does it matter which I take? Do PA schools prefer one over the other?

In general, it is best to go with the classes geared towards science majors or health majors (meaning those within the biology, biochem, etc.) SarahB, I would personally go with "biochemistry". Medic12, I would be inclined to say that the content will not be the same between a 100 and 300 level course. If it is A&P course, there should be a 2 semester course and you'll want to take the lab(s) if offered.

In general, it is best to go with the classes geared towards science majors or health majors (meaning those within the biology, biochem, etc.) SarahB, I would personally go with "biochemistry". Medic12, I would be inclined to say that the content will not be the same between a 100 and 300 level course. If it is A&P course, there should be a 2 semester course and you'll want to take the lab(s) if offered.

Archived