Looking For Mentor

Hello,

I am a second year PA student with a diverse business and entrepreneurial background before starting school. I am extremely interested in learning more about PA-owned practices and am seeking a mentor who wouldn't mind sharing some wisdom with me.

I will be at the DC conference as well - happy to buy coffee, drink, or a meal in exchange for some knowledge!

Thank you in advance.

Hello,

I am a second year PA student with a diverse business and entrepreneurial background before starting school. I am extremely interested in learning more about PA-owned practices and am seeking a mentor who wouldn't mind sharing some wisdom with me.

I will be at the DC conference as well - happy to buy coffee, drink, or a meal in exchange for some knowledge!

Thank you in advance.

Hello,

Thank you in advance.

my thoughts

focus on learning medicine LONG before starting your own business

It is a life changing event that takes a huge toll on you - also your SP is going to need to trust and rely on you and this will be unlikely before 5 years of experience.

Learn medicine, then learn the business side, then the coding and reimbursement side, then and only then consider doing your own business

my thoughts

It is a life changing event that takes a huge toll on you - also your SP is going to need to trust and rely on you and this will be unlikely before 5 years of experience.

Learn medicine, then learn the business side, then the coding and reimbursement side, then and only then consider doing your own business

my thoughts

Thanks for your reply!

Just to clarify - I am not interested in opening a practice right out of school. I do think, however, that understanding the business that drives medicine makes one a better provider of medical care.

My interest at this point is simply linking up with like-minded individuals and see where that leads over time.

Thanks for your reply!

Just to clarify - I am not interested in opening a practice right out of school. I do think, however, that understanding the business that drives medicine makes one a better provider of medical care.

My interest at this point is simply linking up with like-minded individuals and see where that leads over time.

Thanks for your reply!

Hi, I am currently applying to PA school and would like to shadow a PA. I am extremely reliable and have already shadowed two doctors. I attend Grand rounds at NYU and Lenox Hill and several lectures and conferences with my mentors when possible. I am up to date on medicine and read JAMA magazine. I can give references if needed. I would like to work a schedule out for the summer. I live in Manhattan but am willing to travel.

Thank you, Robyn rwwolin@yahoo.com

Hi, I am currently applying to PA school and would like to shadow a PA. I am extremely reliable and have already shadowed two doctors. I attend Grand rounds at NYU and Lenox Hill and several lectures and conferences with my mentors when possible. I am up to date on medicine and read JAMA magazine. I can give references if needed. I would like to work a schedule out for the summer. I live in Manhattan but am willing to travel.

Thank you, Robyn rwwolin@yahoo.com

Archived