FAFSA Question

So, I'm wishing (hoping, praying) to get into PA school this coming year (2014), and I want to start the FAFSA and financial aid process as soon as I can, but here is my question: is it presumptuous to apply for FAFSA without having been accepted? The FAFSA website doesn't seem to think so, but I need some opinions, just to make sure. :)

Thanks guys!

you can do a Fafsa anytime you want but until your accepted the schools do not figure out your aid so it does not do you much good. But it will save a little time if you what to do it now. Then when accepted you will just enter school code and resend. For class 2014 you will probably need the Fafsa that isnt posted until Jan 2014? A fafsa will give you an idea of your expected family contribution (EFC) if thats what your looking for but until the schools financial aid office gets your accepted info and does its calculations you wont have a final info on anything. Most schools list cost of attendance so you can figure most things yourself anyway.

Archived