Meto Area looking for Advise for PA

I am wondering if some of you could give me some advise. I am 27 who lives in the Metro and looking at PA school. I already have a BA and am in a Master of Arts in Systematic Theology program currently. Because of job opportunities and vocational passions I am looking at getting into the medical field and the PA seems like something I would love. I am wondering what steps I can take to become a great PA candidate.

What are the best ways to find a PA who would be willing to let me shadow them?

Does the type of institution matter as far as taking my prerequisites (public, private, community college)?

I know Augsburg has information sessions, but are there other resources in the cities?

Thanks

Hey there.. I can try to answer some of these. MAPA, the Minnesota Academy of Physician Assistants, is a great resource for getting a lot of information quickly. They can give you contact information for Minnesota PAs. You could also just email area hospital chains and they may be able to help you out. Truthfully you may have more experience if you leave the metro area and go to more rural settings. The institution matters for pre reqs at some schools. Information sessions are great! Augsburg has been the longest running program in mn (since 95 I believe). St. Kate's started a program last year and Bethel was just given provisional accreditation to start this coming June. They both hold a number of info sessions as well. This forum is a great resource for figuring out a path to becoming a PA. You'll need to find a way to get some patient experience as well as starting to take pre reqs. If you run into any other questions, feel free to send me a message.

Archived