If anyone wants a good laugh...

Ya that's how I feel when we get into a discussion about PAs with my co-workers. Something to keep in mind is that our ER Docs get paid by performance (strictly) and refuses to utilize PAs. Basically we'd take away their money tree if we came on board (fast track) because they primarily get paid by the number of patients they see. So it's a cauldron of the blind and misguided teaching this to the new RNs. It'll only get worse because the physician group refuses to use PAs.

Ya that's how I feel when we get into a discussion about PAs with my co-workers. Something to keep in mind is that our ER Docs get paid by performance (strictly) and refuses to utilize PAs. Basically we'd take away their money tree if we came on board (fast track) because they primarily get paid by the number of patients they see. So it's a cauldron of the blind and misguided teaching this to the new RNs. It'll only get worse because the physician group refuses to use PAs.

Paula, I'm just glad to see that someone else uses the word "fogey". :wink: Yale educated or not, they're still on faculty which would imply to me that they can at least spell cat, when spotted the "c" and the "t". Mav, I'm with you on the paycheck statement. My former position had a doctor on staff who preferred, from what I was told, to be addressed as "Dr". The only problem was the doctorate was in a natural science program totally unrelated to healthcare by any stretch of the imagination. I always referred to her by her first name and nothing was ever said.

Paula, I'm just glad to see that someone else uses the word "fogey". :wink: Yale educated or not, they're still on faculty which would imply to me that they can at least spell cat, when spotted the "c" and the "t". Mav, I'm with you on the paycheck statement. My former position had a doctor on staff who preferred, from what I was told, to be addressed as "Dr". The only problem was the doctorate was in a natural science program totally unrelated to healthcare by any stretch of the imagination. I always referred to her by her first name and nothing was ever said.

The NPs I work with are level-headed and understand the uselessness of the DNP. My NP student also understands that there is no benefit to becoming a DNP. I realize this is anecdotal, but it seems that up North we're a bit more grounded on the realities of what the DNP means.

Andrew

The NPs I work with are level-headed and understand the uselessness of the DNP. My NP student also understands that there is no benefit to becoming a DNP. I realize this is anecdotal, but it seems that up North we're a bit more grounded on the realities of what the DNP means.

Andrew

Guest Paula

HAHAHA. I sure hope "fogey" doesn't have another meaning that I'm not aware of! You know how language changes with culture and I'm still the old fogey!!!!

Guest Paula

HAHAHA. I sure hope "fogey" doesn't have another meaning that I'm not aware of! You know how language changes with culture and I'm still the old fogey!!!!

Archived