Research experience

I did research for class credit during undergrad but per CASPA's instructions under research it says "Research projects done in addition to classroom work; research should NOT appear as credit on a school transcript."

In my case, the first sentence applies but the second does not. Which section should I put my research experience under??

I did research for class credit during undergrad but per CASPA's instructions under research it says "Research projects done in addition to classroom work; research should NOT appear as credit on a school transcript."

In my case, the first sentence applies but the second does not. Which section should I put my research experience under??

Hi! I also thought that was really confusing..however I looked at their "Instructions and FAQs" section that says: "Research: research work you performed OUTSIDE of work you received credit for on your academic transcripts." So I think they're trying to say that you shouldn't 'double' your research if it is already represented on your transcript with credit, you shouldn't put you did it for 200 hours/semester in the "Research" portion of Work and Volunteer Experiences.

This is just what I took from it, but I've been wondering the same thing!

Hi! I also thought that was really confusing..however I looked at their "Instructions and FAQs" section that says: "Research: research work you performed OUTSIDE of work you received credit for on your academic transcripts." So I think they're trying to say that you shouldn't 'double' your research if it is already represented on your transcript with credit, you shouldn't put you did it for 200 hours/semester in the "Research" portion of Work and Volunteer Experiences.

This is just what I took from it, but I've been wondering the same thing!

If you received college credit it for it, don't put it in there. I think its because research experience should be more out of interest than being required to do it. It wouldn't be fair to liberal arts majors who rarely have classes that would require them to do any scientific research, but they can go find an unpaid, non-credit internship/research assistant position. I think that is the rub.

If you received college credit it for it, don't put it in there. I think its because research experience should be more out of interest than being required to do it. It wouldn't be fair to liberal arts majors who rarely have classes that would require them to do any scientific research, but they can go find an unpaid, non-credit internship/research assistant position. I think that is the rub.

Archived