EHR Incentive Program--Why are PAs left out?

This might not be the "hot-of-the-press" news but I want to see what my colleagues think about this:

The CMS has excluded PAs in getting the electronic health record (EHR) incentive bonus/payments (except for the RHCs). Why not? AAPA said they were contesting the rule 2 years ago-still here we are. NPs on the other hand can take advantage of this. Is it because they have better lobbyists? If I am doing the work to meet the criteria for Meaningful Use (MU), I'd like to get paid for it. Even my SP says I am doing a better job than her on the MU stats. What do the PA/clinic owners do?

Appreciate your feedback.

In my limited knowledge of the matter....

AAPA dropped the ball and let it through congress with out realizing the true damage it would do

Why on earth would you hire a PA when you get $44k and or Medicaid funds for hiring an NP?

Really was a VERY BAD MISTAKE by AAPA - problem is I think this is the coming problem with AAPA (our national agency)

no awareness of what is truly important, instead it is seeing trees instead of the forest....

Archived