How competitive is TTUHSC PA program

I'm reposting my stats/info from the Pre-PA category. I noticed that TT doesn't state that HCE is required and I find this as an opportunity to at least seize on this opportunity despite my lack of direct-hands on HCE.

Background:

Texan/Caucasian

Degree: B.S in Neuroscience - Expected graduation May 2013 (Graduating at 19 years old)

cGPA: 3.7

sGPA: 3.5

****Question: I'm finishing my senior year by early-May. My current GPA not including this current semester is listed above, should I use that GPA instead because my last semester may be .1 lower for each cGPA and sGPA due to my heavy course-load. Since the app opens in April, can I use my current GPA not including my last semester GPA that won't even be out until mid-May anyways.

EC's/Work Exp:

-------------------------

Undergraduate Neuroscience Research: (9 mos - 270 hrs)

Undergraduate Teaching Assistant: (9 months - 135 hrs)

Shadowed 2 primary care physicians - (10 mos - 420 hrs)

Emergency Room Volunteer: (9 mos - 100 hrs)

Shelter Volunteer: (4 months - 80 hrs)

Construction Co.: Supervisor Assistant - 1 year 3 months

**Another Question: Also, for schools that state they require documentation? Do they mean they need proof in regards to HCE? My shadowing hours will be noted in my M.D LOR.

You seem pretty competitive, but I would also look at shadowing a PA. From what I read it looks like you were more on a med school track. Besides shadowing to you have any other "hands on experience?" I would try to get a LOR from a PA to help your application.

As for your question about HCE, I know some places want something signed. TTU is ok with it being mentioned in your LOR as far as I know.

You seem pretty competitive, but I would also look at shadowing a PA. From what I read it looks like you were more on a med school track. Besides shadowing to you have any other "hands on experience?" I would try to get a LOR from a PA to help your application.

As for your question about HCE, I know some places want something signed. TTU is ok with it being mentioned in your LOR as far as I know.

The MD I shadowed is nice and showed me the LOR and allows me to offer suggestions, I shadowed alongside PAs as well, if she mentioned that in the LOR do you think that would be fine? I'd assume so.

Well you need three LOR's for CASPA, so I would just make sure one of them was from a PA. It is one thing for someone to refer to you shadowing a PA, but it is quite another for that PA to speak for themselves. My LOR's were from an MD's and PA's. At least if I was reviewing an application it would make more sense to me, but to be fair I am just a student.

Archived