Undergrate course plan and HCE!!!!!! Help!

Right now Im in freshmen in queens college living in NY. This is my second semester of my freshmen year and i am taking gen chemistry 1 with other general requirements. And psychology major.

how should i finish my prerequisite for PA program??

i need to take

BIO 1

BIO 2

CHEM 2

ORGANIC CHEM 1

A AND P 1

A AND P 1

MICRO

GENETICS

Can any one give me an advice in which order should i finish my prerequisite?

And what kind of job is good for HCE while going full time in college??

im working part time(18hours a week)as a pharmacy tech.

Right now Im in freshmen in queens college living in NY. This is my second semester of my freshmen year and i am taking gen chemistry 1 with other general requirements. And psychology major.

how should i finish my prerequisite for PA program??

i need to take

BIO 1

BIO 2

CHEM 2

ORGANIC CHEM 1

A AND P 1

A AND P 1

MICRO

GENETICS

Can any one give me an advice in which order should i finish my prerequisite?

And what kind of job is good for HCE while going full time in college??

im working part time(18hours a week)as a pharmacy tech.

Good to see you are working in the medical field.

I am not sure this forum would have an advantage over a school academic advisor in giving advice how you complete your pre reqs. I have never heard of a PA school caring in which order you did your classes in. It is more important that you do them in a manner which helps you get good grades. Hence, the recommendation to go see a school academic advisor.

The more direct patient contact time you can garner, the better. I get the impression per your location that being a volunteer EMT isn't really an option. What is the job market clamoring for? CNA? MA? Phlebotomy? X-ray tech? EKG tech? Surgical tech?

The point being is if you are going to dedicate your time and energy to getting better medical experience, I would encourage you to seek a training program that is sought after. Sucks spending time and money on a cert then not get to use it.

Good to see you are working in the medical field.

I am not sure this forum would have an advantage over a school academic advisor in giving advice how you complete your pre reqs. I have never heard of a PA school caring in which order you did your classes in. It is more important that you do them in a manner which helps you get good grades. Hence, the recommendation to go see a school academic advisor.

The more direct patient contact time you can garner, the better. I get the impression per your location that being a volunteer EMT isn't really an option. What is the job market clamoring for? CNA? MA? Phlebotomy? X-ray tech? EKG tech? Surgical tech?

The point being is if you are going to dedicate your time and energy to getting better medical experience, I would encourage you to seek a training program that is sought after. Sucks spending time and money on a cert then not get to use it.

... I have a B S in psych and I always say it is just that B S. I was working on my masters in psych, but never finished (another story). If I were you, do what you need to do to get out and finish your degree. Gather those HCE hours while getting the prerequisites and follow your dreams.

Hey, I am a junior at Queens College so I can definitely help you out with this.

You need to take Bio 11 first because its a prereq for bio 2, and both a&ps as well as i believe genetics. Microbio you also need to make sure you have the prereqs complete. I have taken bio 11, chem, orgo, and a&p 1 so far. Beware- organic chem was extremely difficult so do NOT take two of those courses at the same time. Trust me- I took 3. You can go onto cunyfirst and click on the classes to see what the prereqs are. Good luck!

Archived