Should I really even consider this offer?

I'm a recent grad. A clinic in Florida needs a full-time PA to monitor patients undergoing clinical drug trials (mostly doing physicals and managing symptoms). They've offered me $70,000 paid on a 1099 (independent contractor), so there are no benefits, vacation, etc. I asked for a higher offer and they said they would reevaluate in 3 months. Personally, I feel it's a low-ball offer. My understanding is that independent contractors should receive more since they are responsible for their own expenses, benefits, malpractice insurance, and self-employment taxes. Anyone else have experience with 1099s? Is this an offer worth considering?

I'm a recent grad. A clinic in Florida needs a full-time PA to monitor patients undergoing clinical drug trials (mostly doing physicals and managing symptoms). They've offered me $70,000 paid on a 1099 (independent contractor), so there are no benefits, vacation, etc. I asked for a higher offer and they said they would reevaluate in 3 months. Personally, I feel it's a low-ball offer. My understanding is that independent contractors should receive more since they are responsible for their own expenses, benefits, malpractice insurance, and self-employment taxes. Anyone else have experience with 1099s? Is this an offer worth considering?

My understanding is that independent contractors should receive more since they are responsible for their own expenses, benefits, malpractice insurance, and self-employment taxes.

That's correct, which makes this offer REALLY, REALLY, REALLY LOW especially in Clinical Drug Re$earch.

My understanding is that independent contractors should receive more since they are responsible for their own expenses, benefits, malpractice insurance, and self-employment taxes.

That's correct, which makes this offer REALLY, REALLY, REALLY LOW especially in Clinical Drug Re$earch.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived