Interesting questions to ask during shadowing?

To all the PAs on this forum: what are some interesting questions you would want someone who is shadowing/observing you to ask you? I'm shadowing a family medicine PA tomorrow and am just trying to come up with a list of thoughtful questions to ask. Of course I will ask basic general questions like "Why PA" or "what do you like/dislike about your job", etc. Just want to show that I came prepared and am really interested.

To all the PAs on this forum: what are some interesting questions you would want someone who is shadowing/observing you to ask you? I'm shadowing a family medicine PA tomorrow and am just trying to come up with a list of thoughtful questions to ask. Of course I will ask basic general questions like "Why PA" or "what do you like/dislike about your job", etc. Just want to show that I came prepared and am really interested.

Ask about the medicine. You'll see patients with them and then hopefully they will have a little time to explain why that treatment is best or why people get what they had, etc. If they don't initiate that conversation, ask questions about it so you understand medicine and their thought process when they practice. You don't need to know if they like their job to know if you will; you need to know what their job IS to know if you will like it.

Ask about the medicine. You'll see patients with them and then hopefully they will have a little time to explain why that treatment is best or why people get what they had, etc. If they don't initiate that conversation, ask questions about it so you understand medicine and their thought process when they practice. You don't need to know if they like their job to know if you will; you need to know what their job IS to know if you will like it.

Archived